Sunday, July 26, 2009

Life Goes Too Fast!


My dad reminded me the other day that in just three and a half short years, he will turn 80. I can remember turning 10 and thinking that turning 13 would take forever! I can remember celebrating my third wedding anniversary and, in just three short years, we will celebrate our 30th. Maybe it's just a fact of life - the older you are, the faster time flies! I can't slow it down, I can't stop it. I don't think I would even if I could. While I'm anxious to get to heaven and be with Jesus, I don't want to squander my time here - but it goes so fast!

Today I determine, though I can't slow down time, I will slow myself down. I will make the effort to enjoy life and celebrate the lives of others.

There are some things that used to matter - back when time went slower than molasses. I find that the older I get and the faster time flies, the less important those things are.

I watch my grandchildren play and let them get away with things I would never have allowed their parents to do - it just isn't as critical to me now that time is going faster.

I am learning to choose my battles more carefully. I am learning to relax. I am learning to grab on to the beauty of each day. Most importantly, I am learning to let go. That's easier to do now that time flies!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dear Father was far more kind to me in so many ways over the years than I deserved - I hope he gets 80 more! And tell him I said hey?

 
Blog Design by Split Decisionz